Student Selection Criteria
RCNSC is not open to the general public.
RCNSC students are funded through their respective service or agency. NDU does NOT fund students to attend the course.
All students must be in an approved status before attending.
All interested students (U.S. military, government, international students) please visit the student point of contact page to apply.
- U.S. Military Students.
- Officers (O-4 - O-6), Senior NCOs (E-8 & E-9), Senior Warrant Officers (CW03 - CW05), and Civilians (GS-13 and above)
- Service members apply to respective military service POCs for desired date.
- Service members who have attended previous RCNSC are not eligible.
- Servicemembers are selected by respective service process. This includes demonstrated potential for positions with increased management and leadership responsibility.
- International Students.
- In addition to the above criteria, foreign students must be nominated by your country’s defense establishment to the U.S. Defense Security Assistance Agency.
- Please see the Foreign Military International Student Management Office point of contact on student point of contact page to apply.
- US Interagency Professionals (GS-13 and above).
- Interagency personnel are required to have a signed support agreement with NDU before participation.
- Please visit the student point of contact page to apply.
- Approved Interagency professionals must provide written documentation with permission to attend from their interagency supervisor.
Seminar Leader Selection Instructions
- All Seminar Leaders must be RCNSC graduates.
- Seminar Leaders are military officers (O-5 & O-6 only) or Senior NCOs (E-9 only) who currently serve in the Guard or Reserve.
- Seminar Leaders must be an active drilling Guard or Reserve member, this includes VTU status.
- Applications are on link below. After applying, select candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Click here for RCNSC SL Application →
Please sign and email the application to RCNSC course director: firstname.lastname@example.org.